An upcoming Building Information Modelling event in Glasgow has confirmed its entire line-up, with professionals representing the Scottish BIM Delivery Group, SMEs, practical BIM application, the legal side of the process and more set for the stage.
Business Fix‘s BIM Convention will take place on October 22nd, and will provide a fantastic Northern alternative to the ICE BIM and Digital Construction Week happenings taking place at the opposite end of the country at around the same date.
Big names confirmed for the event include AECOM‘s David Philp who will deliver the keynote address, Ramboll‘s Graham Stewart who will discuss the Practical Application of BIM and Shona Frame of Cameron McKenna LLP, who will provide a perspective from the eyes of the law.
Business Fix’s Paul McDevitt commented on securing Philp to kick off the conference. He told Scottish Construction Now: “We are absolutely delighted to have David open the BIM Convention. He has been at the forefront of the introduction of BIM in the UK and is now chairing the SFT’s BIM Delivery Group. He will provide delegates with a clear insight into the implementation plan for BIM in Scotland.
“Together with all our other speakers, we have an incredible programme, which will give attendees a unique understanding of what BIM means for their organisation and for the construction industry in Scotland.”
The full programme can be viewed below:
• 8:00am – 8:30am Registration
• 8:30am – 8:40am Welcome and Introductions
• 8:40am – 9:10am BIM in Scotland – David Philp, Director of BIM at AECOM; Chairman of SFT’s BIM Delivery Group; UK BIM Task Group
• 9:15am – 9:45am Collaboration Case Study – Collaboration Case Study Diarmid McLachlan, Fife Council Property Services & Brian Jukes, BFL
• 9:45am – 10:00am Coffee Break
• 10:05am – 10:35am Practical Application of BIM – Graham Stewart, Director & UK Head of BIM, Ramboll
• 10:40am – 11:10am SME Perspective – Don McLean, Managing Director, McLean Architects
• 11:15am – 11:40am Main Contractors Perspective – Andy Walker, BIM Champion, Morgan Sindall
• 11:15am – 11:40am Legal Perspective – Shona Frame of CMS, Cameron McKenna LLP
• 12:10pm – 12:40pm Question Time Panel
• 12:40pm – 1:30pm Networking Lunch – Opportunity to talk with the Thought Leaders and other participants.
*Note: The official website states that Andy and Shona’s presentations are scheduled for the same time, yet we assume that this is an error. Judging by other start times, it can be assumed Shona’s presentation will start around 11:45am.
To sign up for the event, click here.