The Construction Industry Council (CIC) has teamed up with National Building Specification (NBS) to offer an introductory look at the Digital Toolkit, the UK Government-backed tech project that will complete BIM Level 2 prior to the 2016 mandate.
The CIC’s Regional BIM Hubs will be home to the upcoming insightful workshops, with both the CIC and NBS hoping that the series will penetrate the mainstream, allowing for BIM toolkit knowledge, information and expertise to be digested by as many passionate BIM professionals as possible.
Four of NBS’ finest insiders will chair eight events across the entire United Kingdom, and all will be ready to divulge as much information as they can to educate and excite those in attendance.
NBS’ Software Development Manager, Andrew Brook; BIM Toolkit Project Manager, John McKechnie; Director of Design & Innovation, Dr. Stephen Hamil and Head of Technical Information, Tina Pringle will be hosting the nationwide events, which begin in two days time (March 5th, 2015).
The event tour will visit Belfast, Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, London, Manchester, Newcastle and Nottingham.
Details on each event, the date it is scheduled for, and who will be chairing it can be found below.
• South West – John McKechnie – Bristol – March 5th
• North East – Andrew Brook – Newcastle – March 10th
• Northern Ireland – Tina Pringle – Belfast – March 11th
• North West, Yorkshire & Humber – John McKechnie – Manchester – March 12th
• London, South East – Dr. Stephen Hamil – London – March 18th
• East Midlands – John McKechnie – Nottingham – March 25th
• Wales – Tina Pringle – Cardiff – March 30th
• Scotland – John McKechnie – Glasgow – March 31st
To sign up for the events and for information on event start times and venues, view NBS’ official PDF regarding the seminars here.